Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What kind of Lotus are you?

What kind of Lotus are you?
Are you, like the unsubmerged Lotus, ready to bloom when touched by sunlight?
Are you, like the Lotus on the water's surface, ready to soon bloom?
Are you, like the Lotus under water, with good will and effort, one day rise above the water and bloom?
or
Are you, like the Lotus stuck in the mud, ending up being eaten by fish and turtles.


(thanks to a Bangkok Times article for the analogy)

Today, I am like the unsubmerged Lotus. I am ready, waiting for sunlight. I am not sure what form the sunlight will take. Perhaps it is my own light, and I am just not seeing it yet.

It was a good day. We went with a couple we met who were from Seattle to the teak Palace. No photos, but look it up on the fotopedia heritage site. It is amazing. Lots of European influence in the interiors, exquisite teak work. We then went to yes, another market, wandering until we found the river, and then the Pier to catch the express boat back. 

A few hours later, William and I went to a New Year Celebratory Buffet. He is a Dragon, so we got a "2 fer". What a feast! Not only traditional Chinese, but Thai and Japanese as well. And, I kid you not, Lox with capers, onions, and dill aioli. mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment