Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 2 in Bangkok

First, let me say that I am on the Thai blogspot website, so if it looks odd to you, you should see how it looks to me!
We arrived late on the 17th. After leaving Maui at 6am on the 16th, getting to Oahu 39 minutes later, and then leaving on a 10 hour flight that left an hour late....only to wait in a really long line in Seoul...
One must go through a transit security station in Seoul. Never mind that we were on a flight out right away, and were late...as were many others, so we waited for them all.....
and then another 5 hour flight to Bangkok.
Arrived at the hotel, and what a lovely property it is!, and went to sleep. Exhaustion doesn't even start to describe it.
The next morning, we had breakfast and made the decision to each have our own rooms, and stay at this hotel until we leave Bangkok on the 28th. It is lovely, and thanks for American Express's website, not as expensive as one might think. Note to self. Even when in the property, check AMEX, and trip advisor for excellent rates. Even the hotel suggested we try. 
I left the hotel bound for Druk Air, also known as Royal Bhutan Airlines. I would finally book the last leg of my trip. Found it, booked it and left the building deciding to just walk. I had a map, and a general idea of the direction the cab had come from. Walked past some amazing looking street food....the smells were fabulous or really really bad. I also came across a guy with his feet in a fish pond. It was a fish pedi. I so wanted to do it, but the new tattoo on my leg had me thinking twice. Perhaps before I go. I did go into a massage "parlor" for an amazing foot massage. 
Thai massage is often done dry. It is a lot of pressure points, and as Nid, my masseuse said, "some pain is good". Yeah. The next day, today, I have bruises. Yep, black and blue marks where her thumbs were! All worth it.
I took a tuk tuk home. My toad's wild ride does not even compare!!!!
Went to a meeting, there were 14 of us, most from the UK, either ex-pats or tourists. One other person from the US, Hollywood!!!! Most going home, no one else doing the convention circuit.
I am exhausted.....today was insane, but I will post about it when I have the strength and awakeness to load the photos, and describe what we experienced. Needless to say, it is a huge adventure. And it is just beginning!!!

1 comment:

  1. Im so excited to read all about your adventures, excursions, randon thoughts and inspiring tidbits!
    Love and miss you mucho!
    Oh btw the "Does anyone have any announcements to make?" announcement at the meeting is awfully quiet without you. ;p


    Thats not why I miss you...lol

    ReplyDelete