Monday, January 2, 2012

whales, dolphins, sunsets, oh my.

We went to Lahaina today. Historically, not my favorite side of the island. It was the first place I came for my honeymoon with David in 1986. We stayed at the Ka'anipali Beach Hotel, we had a great time. It was our honeymoon....of course we had a good time. Since then, I have preferred not to visit this side. It is quite touristy, and I had more friends on the South side. But off we went, to check out the harbor, the banyon tree and maybe a beach. 
We were walking on the harbor and I saw a raft looking excursion for whale watches. Neither Jacob nor Len was at all excited about it, (our BWR trip last week was not so great), but I made the decision, we would go. What a great trip. Unfortunately, my camera was back at the condo, Len had his but will not share his pictures yet. 
We saw well over 50 spinner dolphins, and at least 6 whales. We spent a good deal of time with both, waiting for them to re-appear, talking story, and clapping at their antics. 
The best part was the smile on Len's face. I have been waiting days to see that.
We came back and went to finally get some sunset pictures. I think the boys know they are on short time...(BTW, we booked a snorkel trip on Hawaiian Ocean Rafting), and they are getting more assertive about what they want to do.



What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment