Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pohkara

What an amazing day.
I woke up, walked out of my room, looked to my right and saw what the clouds had made obscure yesterday. The Himalaya's. Annapurna was there, Everest is to the east, too far from here to see. S'ok. Annapurna, amazing.
We got a driver and went up to the Peace Monastery. What a walk! What a drive! What a view. Again, the air, the view, the amazing energy of the mountains and the people. I am in awe. I would like to post photos, however, the internet here is slow, and it takes a long time. I will get them posted soon.
And then, there was the meeting.
Grateful. Went to a meeting in Pohkara today. We got a bit lost in our car. As the driver got out to ask, I looked at the buildings across the street and saw a blue sign that read "Narcotics Anonymous Pohkara Area Service". We got out of the car, and in frenzied English asked how to get upstairs. A group of women kept pointing two buildings over. We could not get up to the landing, so I went 2 buildings over. I showed them men there my shirt, the NA symbol, and they told me go go around the back, and up the stairs.
I had a moment where I thought no one would ever see me again. I went anyway, and found the Pohkara HIV/Drug Treatment center. A woman excited said "NA" when I showed her my shirt, and found a young man who hopped on his scooter, led us to the meeting place, bought us tea across the street, and then took us to the meeting.
The meeting was in a school. There were 18 of us, several new people, some members from Delhi and one other woman. I was overwhelmed, listening to several languages, being served hot tea, given schedules and hugs.
And out the window, through the clouds, Annapurna.
What an amazing adventure. And it did not stop there.
The whole meeting went to coffee, and then to dinner.
I am full of love, gratitude, and wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment