Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hua Hin

My last stop, with the exception of one night in Bangkok, in Thailand. I am in Hua Hin, a beach resort in the south. I am on the Gulf of Thailand. I got here after a 4 hour drive from Pattaya. Smooth sailing. So much easier than an airport, baggage, and the whole check in get on get out of an airport. This is an older resort property, really lovely with lounging chairs everywhere. I decided to go get a pedi, finally, and walked to the mall. Went into the first massage/pedi place I came across and had an absolutely wonderful 3 hour dry (!) pedi followed by a massage. So awesome. And finally, my toe does not feel broken. I can actually walk. I walked the mall, had some soup and came back to blog, unpack and do a bit of research on the places I want to see.
Hutsadin Elephant Foundation is one. The Tiger temple is another. The elephants are close, the tigers are far. I will check with the hotel about transportation tomorrow. I am done shopping, Not much else I want, or have room for. Plus, there is a bit of room still left in my luggage for Bhutan.
I am alone on this leg. No meetings in this town. Lots of time to journal and to read and to just be. That is what I need, to just be. Not need, want.
My mind is starting to swirl with a to do list for when I get home. I consciously turn it off, and it starts again. This is a spa, and I purposely booked the spa option. Time for a massage, treatment and a good, old fashioned pampering!

No comments:

Post a Comment