Friday, November 4, 2011

Hilo, Day 1

What a beautiful place to wake up to. The frogs sang me to sleep, just like in the old house in Mathasville. And these are loud. Even without a pool! The rain continued on and off all night. Kimmy is an excellent hostess, and I am so happy to be here. We had a leisurely morning, and then it was off to the hot ponds. It was high tide, and apparently that meant it was not as hot. The surf was gorgeous. Fun fact of the day- when the waves are open and facing me, and that gorgeous color aqua blue, it is because they are so oxygenated. There you go, someday that will come in handy for trival pursuit!
After a nice long soak, we went back to the car to find a gift. The size of a surfboard, it was made of woven palm fronds. Perfect for an offering. It now sits proudly on the carport. I had seen the person making it. Why they left it on her car, and it was on purpose, the windshield wiper was holding it down, we will never know.
We also visited a beautiful black sand beach- I climbed down, really, I did it. It was all good til the wave hit my legs and took my slipper...then I stopped climbing. Bitty steps. This is about doing things outside my comfort zone, not hurting myself! We went to the lava, and by then, I was just wiped. The time change got me. Came back, took a nap, watched a bit of TV (The HBO Documentary on George Harrison is awesome!) went to a meeting, and here we are. A good day.
Next, I will learn how to post photos.....

No comments:

Post a Comment