Friday, October 21, 2011

On the road again.....

Here I am, at the airport in St. Louis. I am on my way to LA. it is the weekend of my birthday. I remember as a small child what that meant. Grandparents, presents, cake, dinner at a "fancy" restaurant. I was the most important person at the table. My mom usually stole the show. She always did. She was just that way. When you were in a room with her, even if she were uncharacteristically quiet, she was the shining star. She changed the focus, and the feel of the room. Some say I am that way. I just don't see it.
Anyway, I am off to Los Angeles. For me, truly the city of angels. I am different when I am there. I can still be sad, not as morose. I am haunted, not as immobilized.
So this is a small adventure.....
The first hard frost came this morning. A whopping 37 degrees when I left the house. I will get a little winter, not much. I do like the changing of the seasons, and the colors are still here.
I can only imagine the amazing colors I will see on my great adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment