Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I'm leaving, on a jet plane.....

Here I am, in Maui, taking a break from the great packing adventure. I hate this particular part, love the result. Pack for 2 extremely different climates, Nepal where it is cold, and Thailand and the Philippines where it is summer and hot. What do I take and what do I leave. So, it is all layed out on the bed, I am taking a break, watching whales and hoping to get in the habit of writing. Blogging. Whatever.
The weather here in Maui has been rainy and icky for 2 days. Good for me, as I can get things done without looking longingly at the ocean and the pool.
First stop is Bangkok, meeting up with Tom and Tali who have already arrived. Tom is reporting on the insurgence in Thailand which I must admit I have not paid much attention to. I imagine I will have a crash course in politics as soon as I arrive. I am looking forward to massages by the river and the controlled chaos of the Wats although I imagine there might not be too many tourists. Only the crazy, thrill seeking, Nepal going people like us.
My life is blessed. I know that. I am done apologising for how I got where I am. Silly to think
I have to apologise for people dying. This is my life, warts and all. I am blessed to live it and
I know, without a doubt that those who went before me would be thrilled at the travel I am doing.
Enough of that. I am now writing on a tablet. The next adventure will be figuring out how to get things from dropbox or my camera on to the blog.....might be the most challenging or at least frustrating part of this all.
Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment